Making India Proud of our Mountains
Register now at https://www.waterfutureconference.org/reg_form.
Call for abstracts
The last date for submission of abstracts has been extended to 25th August 2019.
To submit, go to https://www.waterfutureconference.org/water_solutions
A compendium of best practices developed through research and dialogues conducted at state level that will provide inputs for enriching the mountain policy and policy makers and legislators.
- Preparing a State of the Himalaya Report in the context of climate change and with reference to key sectors such as water, forests, agriculture, etc.
- The Department of Science and Technology has approved scaling up of climate change adaptation planning and implementation in the Himalayan states.
- Policy briefs and three thematic papers on climate change related issues being developed.
- Policy documents summarizing Integrated Risks and Vulnerability Assessment and adaptation planning in the Indian Himalayan Region for policymakers.
- Enhanced capacities on academic and public institutions to address climate change in the Indian Himalayan Region.
- Improved and effective collaboration, networking and sharing amongst legislators; grassroots workers, civil society, and various other stakeholders of mountain states.
- Identification of pilot projects for up scaling in respective mountain states in the future to ensure sustainability of the TCP;
- Research and Policy briefs and reports on agriculture and allied sectors;
- State of Mountain Report on Agriculture and allied sectors that highlight the current scenario of these sectors in the mountain states of the IHR;
- Interim report and Final report detailing the current status and achievements of the project respectively.
Become a Member
Become a Partner
We provide a platform for stakeholders in India's mountain states and regions to come together and discuss sustainable development, evolve the consensus on priorities and action plans, and consult relevant authorities.